The blanket was on the needles for the longest time, considering that it did get finished. I started it back in October. This was never a portable project and when I hit the green section I could not even knit this whilst watching tv, so the progress was sloooow.
Just before casting on I decided I should make this bigger and cast on more stitches. When the green section would never finish, oh how I wished I had two elephants less on the chart.
Now that it is done and finished, it is perfect as it is. I am afraid to spell it out loud, but I am hooked and I am already considering the colour combos for the next one.
I meant to weigh the whole thing sans batting and fabric, but never got round to it. So now I will have to weigh the rest of my yarn skeins and then update the Ravelry page with the info of how heavy this baby is.
The baby boy's mama is very happy about this project. And I am one proud knitter today.