Saturday, November 17, 2012

FO: Fall edition


The idea for this top/dress came from Little Sister's dress. Her first one still fits her. Surely, it's not a dress anymore, a vest more likely. But it is still being used. And looks as cute as ever.

I aimed for a 2-3T size, but clearly this came out more of a 4-5T sized. It does fit her, with loads of room to grow.

In retrospect, I could have incorporated some increases in the scalloped lace bit.

The yarns that I used - Jamiesons's Spindrift and Rowan Scottish Tweed - are warmth pure. This will be well needed once the cold kicks in.

In other knitting news, I had to interrupt my lace shawl knitting to whip up a hat for my little one. Birgitte just blogged about this, so I knit the same hat in some lovely Rowanspun 4ply. The hat is done and I'm on the BO bit for the shawl.

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! And isn't it great that little ones can get so much wear out of a tunic? All the way from dress to vest!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.