Tuesday, September 11, 2012

FO: Colour Affection


Another post with poor fo pictures, I'm afraid. But I'm sure all of the knitters have seen a finished version of this shawl to know how it looks like. July was the month when my blog read seemed to feature a finished version of this almost daily.

Let me tell you, my finished version is much more like a scarf than a shawl. It is loooong, yet very light thanks to lace yarns used.

This was a real stash buster, yardage wise. I was very tempted to get yarn for this project specifically. But then I realized that I could do a bluish version with no new purchases, so yay for me. I did not spend too much time overthinking how to arrange the colours as it seemed natural to me that the lightest colour should go to the top and the darkest to the bottom, which meant that purple was to stay inbetween.


This shawl is on its' way to my sister. So maybe we will get some modeled photos from her.

2 comments: