Friday, June 1, 2012

Can't believe it's June already

When traveling with a baby involves more travel than arriving and staying, I can get only little knitting done. We were home in Lithuania for a quick trip and I think I got only one stripe of my different lines shawl done.


I can hardly get any knitting done when traveling. Also, I have to admit that there were times that I wished I had taken a more portable project along, like some socks that can be fit into any bag.

There has been some stash enhancement. First up, some cute buttons...


By the way, do you also have a button stash? Or do you only get buttons once you have a project finished?

I also got some Faroese wool (I still have to look it up to make sure I'm spelling that one correctly) and some Lithuanian linen.


Oh, and I've been hunting people's stashes on Ravelry to see if anybody wanted to part with their Jamieson's Spindrift. I've been lucky.


Now that I do not have any trips planned in the nearest future, I hope to get back to posting about all those finished knits and first of all getting some pictures of them.

10 comments:

  1. I love the shawl and the buttons! Hope you had fun in Lithuania!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those buttons are so cute! I pretty much only get buttons when needed, and I don't need them very often. :) We'll be taking a very long family road trip later this summer and since our son will be almost 4 I'm hoping that I'll actually be able to do some of those relaxing travel things like knitting or reading. I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those buttons are adorable! If you ever decide you're bored with them, I'd be happy to start a button stash just for those. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to have developed a button stash lately, can't resist some of them. Those ones are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far I only buy buttons as I need them but I can see where they would be easy to start collecting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear of button stashes but I'm the sort of person who needs the knit to tell me what buttons it wants when it's finished. :) The butterflies are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the yarn and pretty butterfly buttons are amazing! great stash enhancements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors in your shawl! I don't have a button stash yet, but I think that I'll end up with one soon, I've been buying lots of buttons lately :)

    I have something for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm knitting with Lithuanian linen right now! Or possibly Latvian. I should look that up.

    Anyway, it is my first linen experience and it isn't as bad as I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, those buttons are divine! I have a small glass jar of buttons and they make me soooo happy. There's always the perfect button just waiting to be used. It's like the button fairies know...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.