Monday, May 14, 2012

Oma's Stitches # 5 - A knitted skirt

You've seen this skirt a few posts back. I feel the need to show it again as I will be sharing my version of it soon. I just need some pictures of it. Who knows, maybe the one year old will give me a chance to get some non-blurry shots of it. If not, you'll still get some pictures but will have to rely on my word that it fits perfectly.

Now to Oma's version.


Normally, horizontal stripes + a knitted skirt = a no-no for anyone. Surprisingly, this skirt works without making my bottom look out of this world big.


I love the striping. There seems to be a system behind it, but I have yet to find what it is. The pattern is very easy, it is knit top-down, which was great as I could use up one skein of fingering weight yarn for my little girl's skirt.


Previous entries:

4 comments:

  1. Man šis be galo patinka...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's fantastic! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! The stripes are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.