Thursday, May 17, 2012

for the love of...


Veera. Oh, I mean stripes. ;-) Really, Veera is on a roll lately. And even if you do not like her patterns yourself, chances are high that quite a few of your Ravelry buddies are queuing up, faving and/or knitting her patterns.

There are quite a few patterns out there that seem to have been influenced by her love of garter stitch and stripes. And short rows. An obvious one is Ode to Veera. Pendulum looks like a different interpretation of stripe study. When I first saw Turbulence cowl, I thought this was another of Veera's designs. I could go on and on. 

Stripe Study and Color Affection are turning to be real cash cows, just like Ishbel by Ysolda. Everybody seems to be knitting one. I resisted Ishbel fever, but after stripe study I'm in for Color Affection.


And this might turn into different lines for me.

6 comments:

  1. I love your Stripe Study! I have two different colours of Tanis and I'm toying with the idea of one of veera's striped shawls. The problem is, which one!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am casting on Color Affection tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stripe study too, though I'm currently resisting the patterns myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy stripes! It's true I've seen these patterns popping up on everyone's queues. The are beautiful, but smehow I can't see myself knitting one.
    Can't wait to see what yours will look like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, Veera's designs are awesome! Those stripes are looking great already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Veera is a clever one! I love her style, too. I've queued Color Affection, and will be starting at some point later this year. I'm also working on my Summer Plum right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.