Monday, April 9, 2012

yes, that's a handknit


But that is not what I want to show off this time.


Look, I made a skirt!


OK, I had some help from a professional sewer. It was fun. Now I'm determined to try and do it all on my own. I thought craftsy would be the right address, but I did not find a course in skirt making. I think I know now what to do, but if you know some online tutorials, tips would be welcome.

The cardi has been knit by my MIL some 20 years ago (I guess). So far I can tell it's been knit buttom-up in the round. The sleeves are a bit too wide for my liking, but otherwise the fit is great.

5 comments:

  1. Super cute! the skirt and the cardi! that's cool to have a love of knitting to share with your MIL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, no sewing tips but great cardigan AND skirt! The two look fantastic together. I do love a yellow and grey combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ir as tokio (sijono) noriu. ach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous skirt and cardi, I love the grey colour, its very elegant! Thanks for the sweet welcome back to blogland : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a fabulous skirt! I love it! So fashionable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.