Tuesday, March 6, 2012

prep for Wollmeise sale

End of July is that time of the year. Wollmeise will have their annual sale and I think I'll be going there again. But first, I'd like to use up last year's purchases.

Last time I went prepared. I had a plan of what I wanted Wollmeise yarn for.


- Stripe study is done.

- I'm having doubts about Olive. But I have 2 loveliest skeins of Wollmeise lace in blue that were meant for it. Got to find another project for this yarn soon.

- Kaleidoscope will mostly not happen either. How is one supposed to get 18sts gauge on fingering weight yarn? I did not like my swatches at all, so I had to keep on looking for a new suitable pattern. Right now it looks as if it might be Paulie.

But above all, I need a new plan of what to buy. Honestly, I was overwhelmed by all the colours last year. So I will be making a list of possible projects and colours to go with them. I'll keep you posted on what is going to be on the list.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you can never plan too far ahead that's for sure! I really LOVE that Paulie cardigan, I just added it to my queue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good idea. I think I should do the same... :-)

    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.