Monday, March 19, 2012

FO: Baby pants

We had a serious case of teething here last week, with fever and everything. There was no time for knitting, blogging or catching up with my RSS feed. Anyways, now that we're getting slowly getting back to our normal schedule, it is time to start posting about all those knits that were finished weeks ago.


The picture was done after the second wash. I loved knitting with Araucania Ranco Solid, but after wear pilling is substantial. And I guess baby pants get as much wear as socks would do. Hence, a mental note to not use this yarn for any socks.

I knit these pants during the last cold snap. Now that spring is finally here those cold days are long forgotten. I knit the size up, 12-18 months, so technically she should be able to wear these in the fall as well. And if these do not fit, I will knit her a new pair. It's not that I'm running out of sock yarn round here. Besides that, I feel obliged to keep on using fingering weight so that my sister can work on her sock blanket.

These pants are über-cute. Too bad it's so hard to get a non-blurry picture of my baby. She's about to start walking on her own. That makes it even more difficult to get any FO shots.

On to the details.

Needles: 2.5 mms
Yarn: Araucania Ranco Solid

The only mod that I made were to keep on increasing every 5 rows up until the legs were done. I decreased to the needed stitch count according to the pattern at the front side of the pants once the legs were joined. The other mod that I wish I had done would be to shorten the bum part. These are very high waisted pants now, there's more room than is needed by a diaper.

Oh, and I am very tempted to use Opal Hundertwasser for the next edition of these pants.

3 comments:

  1. It would be brilliant in Opal Hunterwasser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I haven't knit with Araucania before. I'll definitely watch out for pilling. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.