Tuesday, February 21, 2012

FO: Blinde Venus socks


Finally. I knit socks with Opal Hundertwasser. I love them. Unfortunately, they are not for me, but for my older sister who was playing my feet for the last two weeks. Well, mostly that meant carrying around my little one. Some three years ago - before I broke both of my ankles - I did not know why somebody would knit socks. There are so many other great things to knit that I did not understand how come somebody would spend money (buying lovely yarn) or time knitting socks. That changed thanks to my broken ankles and to my friend Christine. I love my feet ever since and I am thankful for the fact that they carry me around, bring me to places (and yarn shops). And with yarn like Hundertwasser Blinde Venus I could keep on knitting only plain socks till the end of my days.
2.0mm circulars, toe up, slipped stitch heel. A perfect fit.

7 comments:

  1. They look super cozy! and what a great gift for a helpful sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great socks!! I love the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little socks! Knitted socks are the best and for the best people we know ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kojinės tiesiog puikios. Aš vis pasvajoju apie tai, kokias gražias nusimegsiu - ir vis pritrūksta laiko...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sisters are the best. And she will love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.