Monday, January 30, 2012

FO: Lanesplitter skirt

It must be just a bit over half a year since I last wore a pair of trousers. Yup, I haven't worn jeans for seven months now. I switched to wearing skirts as that is more flattering for my body type. Now the problem is that I have quite a pile of summery skirts, but not that many for the winter. Encouraged by Amy Herzog that a knitted skirt will look good on me, I set out to knit a skirt that I've had my eyes on for quite a while now.


It's good that I waited as so many knitters have knitted it already. And provided notes on their mods. All I had to do was swatch, measure the length of my favourite skirt, calculate and cast on.


As I used 2 Noro Kureyon colourways, I did try to do mix and match, putting the bluer tones on the k rounds and reddish-pink ones on the CC bits. There were quite a few ends to weave in.  And I love the result.


Notes

Pattern: Lanesplitter
Needles: 4.5mm for the main part and 3mm for the band
Yarn: Noro Kureyon 102 and 250
Verdict: Love. This. Skirt. After 2 days of wearing it, there is no sagging, it holds its' shape really well. Guess what, there's a second one on the needles already.

11 comments:

  1. Love the skirt! It looks great on you but I definitely couldn't live without my jeans ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous skirt! Well done. It looks great on you. I wish I was better at wearing skirts.. I always wear jeans ans sometimes dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love it!! I'm a skirt wearer just like you. I keep saying that I'm going to start sewing my own, so that I get exactly the right fit & length, but I may have to begin by knitting one. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so pretty! I love the colours together like that. I wish I could wear skirts more often, but working outdoors and skirts do not mix sadly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that looks great on you! the colors are so pretty and very cheerful for winter. Looks like it was a fun knit too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks fantastic! Such pretty colour and a great shape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Puikus sijonas! Visgi smagiai tie dryžiukai "sužaidžia", o ir patogu, kai gali ir taip pasukt, ir anaip, neišsisėdi vienoj vietoj :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very funky skirt! I am in trousers all the time, not sure it is the most flattering but I am usually go for practical!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! I've had several knitted skirts in the queue, but never knit one. Yours is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun skirt! Noro is wonderful isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.