Tuesday, January 3, 2012

FO: Honey cowl in red

There will be quite a few FOs from last year appearing now and then as I slowly get to photographing all the finished knits. This is one of them.



Pattern: Honey cowl

Needles: 5 mm (US8) circulars

Yarn: Skeinny Dipping Merisilk DK in Spritz colourway. I already raved about this yarn here, so no need to repeat myself.




Thoughts: Love this cowl. I think this would have also worked in a tighter gauge really well, but this way the cowl has a very nice drape. It's really warm and I've been wearing it lots. Above you see me in my ski attire.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful cowl. I love the bright splash of colour for winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is really beautiful! I have wanted to knit this one for a while, and there is a skiing weekend coming up that may be the perfect easy knit beforehand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Labai smagus kaklas :) Bet tas sniegas už nugaros... Sniegas? O kažkur žiema... Ech, pasiilgau.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple, yet lovely! You are going to wear that so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a gorgeous cowl!! I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cowl! I think it works really well at this gauge with the drape. Beautiful view, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely - great yarn/pattern combo. And photo shoot location :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you know that you can create short urls with BCVC and get money for every visitor to your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.