Thursday, January 19, 2012

argh... and rip


Sometimes you make a swatch, adjust the tension, but when you start knitting the actual garment, the gauge changes and the result won't fit. I made one of these, but that will have to be reknit. I'm not very excited about it, but I'll power through it. Normally I read the instructions before knitting something. And that's what I did this time, but it did not make any sense. In this case I had to work as I went and then it was all perfectly clear.

To end it on a more positive note, I started a Lanesplitter skirt. Oh the joy of aran and 4.5mm needles after knitting fingerweight! It's hard to put this down.


5 comments:

  1. oi uzjauciu del permezgimo. ir kaip tau kantrybes uztenka.
    ir--tai va kam tau saguciu reikejo!
    nu nezinau, ar nors vienos tiks! pasakysi ryt poryt siom dienom! as gal buciau sviesesniu paieskojus...

    o tokios riesines/pirstines tai atrodo labai graziai. praverstu man cia ofise, kur AC pucia issijuoses, as net su paltu sedziu ir rimtai galvoju, gal ir kepure kokia uzsidet reiktu.

    brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hate when that happens! And a mitt is one of those things that HAS to fit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mittens pattern is beautiful! Shame you had to frog it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mysteries of the gauge ;-) Yeah for that skirt! It must be really fun to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to make a Lanesplitter...a bunch of people were wearing them at Rhinebeck this past year

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.