Monday, December 12, 2011

The You-Won't-Get-A-Decent-Picture-Of-Me-In-This FO


I don't remember how I came across this pattern, but I surely know that I was inspired by Amy's versions of this cardi (this one and this) and used her mods to make mine. I love the finished version of it, eventhough I did mess up the pattern a few times and did not rip back to correct it. I challenge you to find the mistakes.


Despite all the cuteness little did I know before my baby was born whether this colour would suit her. Well, it does not. She looks so pale in it. She clearly has my complexion and is more of a reds person.


And it looks as if she knows it. As soon as she has this cardi on and I get the camera out, she gets all restless and will not let me get a decent shot of it.


These were the best ones we could do. We packed it away already. It might be a nice present to some more appreciative baby. Believe me, we do have enough wearable knits and can afford to be picky.

Details

CO: February 25th, 2011
BO: March 20th, 2011

Pattern:  Twinkle, vintage baby cardigan

Yarn: Aslan Trends Santa Fe, about 2.6 skeins

Needles: 2.5 mm circulars

Notes: It fits my 7-month-old baby perfectly. Were I to knit this again, I would do normal buttonholes. Also, I prefer buttoning it all the way through to only the yoke closures.

4 comments:

  1. it's so pretty! But I see what you mean, and you're right- you can gift it to another baby in the future. It's a gorgeous little sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very cute...shame the colour does not suit our baby...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, even if the coloring isn't quite right. I'm in the same pale boat as you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.