Tuesday, December 6, 2011

whilst waiting for those wire blockers


Excuse the crappy photo, but the sun has not been seen out for days, so there is no chance to stock up with some decent shots anymore. Up there is my Ginkgo shawl. It's been finished since mid-September. I blocked it once and have worn it many times since. My blocking was not precise. I had just a few minutes to complete it whilst the baby was napping and without any blocking wires this is the best you can get. Anyways, I've ordered my blocking wires weeks ago and they should really get here soon. But now I read this post by Noahs' Libellule and am seriously considering extending the lace portion (after all, I still have enough of yarn left over) AND adding some beads. This would mean ripping back all the lace bit. It's only 34 rows, right?

3 comments:

  1. I find it's always better to just rip back because you know you'll be happier in the end. Especially once you have new blocking wires to test out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not much more knitting, and if it's really what you want, I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going for a bigger version. I am not sure about the beads yet... Looks complicating, when I am going to get down to knit it (ie once sampling is finished to check out the colour), I will see how fast I can go before Xmas.... Love yours though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.