Monday, November 28, 2011

different shades of red


Looks like I'll have a cowl after all. OK, Inspira did not work out for me, but this time I am on the right track. Normally, this would be a wordless WIP Wednesday post, but this yarn, oh this yarn, it does need telling about. It is soft, shiny, has a nice twist and feels great when knitting. But this colour! Depending upon the light and other colours around it, it changes from dark red - yes, almost wine red - to orangey brown. I love looking at it. I was quite on sugar rush last week. That cake had to be eaten. Expect some FO pictures soon.

Oh, and the nice thing, Christine has her yarn on sale today

7 comments:

  1. OMG what an absolutely beautiful colourway! Marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colour! I am thinking of knitting a cowl as well (I have seen too many people wearing one on my way to work and I am feeling left out)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is a beautiful colorway. I am really glad to introduced me to a new yarn supplier. I am going to have to find a nice project to get some...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look worth eating! ;) The cowl is moving right along, and it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, that cowl is so beautiful!! I love the yarn, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It already looks so pretty! I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.