Thursday, October 13, 2011

knitting miscalculations


I ran out of yarn whilst knitting the new version of the Inspira Cowl. And while I wait for replenishment to arrive, I started knitting an Aviatrix hat for Liepa. In fact, I finished the one from yesterday's wordless WIP Wednesday post and started a new one. Right before finishing the first version I realized it was going to be somewhat too big. So instead of ripping back, I decided to go ahead and finish it. Too big is not a problem for a growing baby. Besides, there is enough yarn, so why not just do a smaller one, right?

To all of you who are thinking of what hat to knit for a baby, I tell you to forget all the strapless ones. They are useless since they come off too easily. Liepa's been wearing her Oma hat constantly and I have a feeling Aviatrix will be a winner as well. Otherwise I wouldn't be knitting a second one.

And here's a proof of my baby wearing handknits not only for the FO pictures.


4 comments:

  1. She's so cute! Sorry you ran out of yarn, but that cowl will be amazing when you finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh BOOOOO on running out of yarn! What a bummer.

    And hello baby! You're looking particularly adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! She is too sweet for words!

    And I know what you mean about knitting hats in two sizes and knitting hats with "straps". The first hat I knit for my friends' baby was too large, so I immediately knit a smaller one that (thankfully) fits. It's a bonus that baby hats are so quick to knit. Now the first hat I knit for him will be waiting when he's ready and I will take the tiny one back :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.