Saturday, October 29, 2011

FO: Scroll lace


That's the fourth scarf out of these series. I know I have still to show you the first one. Time will come. 

The pattern: Scroll lace scarf by the talented Ysolda Teague. Now hold your breath: this was my first pattern from Ysolda!

Yarn: Schoppel Wolle On Touch. My sister is one of the people who even find Alpaca (!) scratchy, so really, only merino works for her. Thus, this is an almost summery (well, at least for London summers) version of the scarf.

Notes: There's really not much more to add, it was an easy knit, the directions are clear, the construction is quite interesting and I might have another go at this. Oh, the unusual bit is that the first knit row starts from the left in the charted instructions. Which was new for me. But I followed the written instructions and was ok with that.

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty scarf! I find alpaca too scratchy for my neck as well. I think I have a very sensitive neck.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.