Monday, October 31, 2011

FO: L cardigan


CO: April 12th, 2011
BO: April 21st, 2011

Pattern: Louise Cardigan

Needles: 3 mm circulars

Yarn: Cascade Heritage (75% Merino superwash, 25% Nylon), 0.8 of a skein in colour 5616. I should have probably better used some kind of slightly variegated yarn for this project instead. I got this yarn as I thought I would knit Blossom, but that pattern is all about embroidery skills that are non-existent round here, so I dropped the idea.



Size: 3-6 months

Mods/ notes: Looking at the schematics, it seems that the body is supposed to be only 4.5" or 11.5 cm long up to the sleeves. I think it is too short for a 3-6 month old baby, so I've extended this section to be 15 cm long. Sleeves knit in the round and are 14 cm long to underarm. Grafted underarm stitches. Used this sewn bind off to make sure the picot edging looks nice.

Fit: This is a very classy cardigan. I love the way it looks and it fits. She wore the cardi when she was three months, but it was on the biggish side back then. Now it's spot on.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cardigan and the little model is just so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww! such a cutie pie!! what a great little outfit, that cardigan looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chubby cheeks! So adorable. And the cardigan is just the cherry on top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. o jau tie mieli žandukai :).... Labai dailus megztukas, teisingai, nuo mažens reik pratint prie stilingų RANKŲ darbo drabužių

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.