Friday, September 9, 2011

Oma's Stitches #3


A third entry in the series*. This is why we knitters should love cotton. This has been worn by my husband some 30 years ago. I got it from my MIL, washed it and the little one has worn it a couple of times this summer. The weather has not been that great, but I plan on putting some long-sleeves underneath and getting some more use out of it. It fits perfectly and looks as good as new. This will be kept for the next generation.



* You can find Oma's stitches # 1 here and # 2 here.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so cool! it really does still look like new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, like a little sailor! So cute. Another heirloom, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is amazing, it really looks brand new! Oma had style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Siga, this is too cute. You should rewrite Oma's pattern (especially the hat) and post it to Ravelry to keep her knitting spirit alive. The best patterns are heirlooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love heirloom pieces like this...it looks new!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, it looks brand new. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.