Thursday, September 1, 2011

FO: Wollmeise Study


The first time that I saw this pattern was over at knittedbliss' blog back in February. I don't know how one becomes the chosen one to be a test-knitter for Veera, but Julie was among the lucky ones. Since February, this shawl has been knit up many times and there are really great versions of it over on Ravelry.


I must have purchased this pattern sometime in April, before the little one was born. But I never knew what yarn to choose for it. Interesting, I always seem to have a yarn issue for my projects.


Anyways, I went to the famous Wollmeise sale this year. And Stripe Study shawl was on the list as a project needing the right yarn.


Like many, I only managed 11 stripes before running out of contrasting colour. I did in fact start the 12th green stripe only to realize half-way through that I definitely do not have enough yarn. So, I ripped back. Otherwise, there are no mods whatsoever. My sister is ready for fall.

10 comments:

  1. wow, koks gražus pilkos/žalios derinys, niekad nebūčiau pagalvojusi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful! I am always intimidated by having to choose yarn, I am hoping that the more I knit, the more confident I'll become...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Your sister looks totally chuffed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is seriously gorgeous! Love the grey and green together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nuostabi skara - ir derinys, ir tos linijos.. aš irgi seniai į ją seilę varvinu, tik esu kitą pradėjus ir niekaip nepabaigiu..

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out so beautifully. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! What great muted colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful!!! I ordered my first skein of wollmeise this week...can't WAIT until it arrives!!!! Sadly I do not have near enough for that shawl.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.