Friday, August 26, 2011

FO: Summer Shawl

Somehow these holidays are all about knitting, but not so much about blogging or taking pictures of my finished items. There are soooo many FOs that are being used already, but I'm yet to take pictures of them.


I started this back in February, and I hoped to get it done for summer to use it as a nursing shawl. Well, I did finish it this summer. It is a nice, wide and long shawl. I love how the stitches opened up after blocking.


The first half of it went quite fast, but then all those repeats got a bit tedious and I found those cute baby items to be more interesting and - obviously - faster knits. I'd come back to this shawl, though, and try knitting a few rows here and there. And finally I did come to the finish line.


Pattern: Ulmus rectangle shawl by Kirsten Kapur

Yarn: Skeinny Dipping fingering weight by Christine. I love this yellow. It has just the right combination of yellow and orange to it. Perfect. I don't quite feel that my pictures make justice to this hand-dyed yarn.

Needles: 3.5 mms

Notes: I love this pattern and this shawl and dream of knitting another one. However, I'm not sure how realistic that'd be. I loved knitting it despite the endless repeats, I love how it fits, I love the fact that it's huge and I would so much want another one.


I hope to be back soon with some more FOs and not only a wordless WIP Wednesday post.

6 comments:

  1. Well done on finishing - it looks lovely, very summery and soft and cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours! It looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I love Kristen Kapur's designs. I'm working on a Cladonia Shawl right now. She always inspires me to use bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVELY! I really like the colors you chose

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks beautiful! I haven't knit one myself yet, but hearing people say they want to knit a second one makes me think I should join the party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You chose amazing colors! This is beautiful. I can see why you got stuck in the middle, but I'm glad you pushed through. There are several of Kristen Kapur's designs in my queue.

    ReplyDelete