Monday, July 18, 2011

FO: Sock yarn sweater

Now this is an FO that I did not think I'd be sharing that soon as I knit a size up (6-12 months) for the upcoming fall and winter. However, my baby is growing so fast that she can start wearing it already. Alright, the sleeves are still a bit long and it is somewhat loose-fitting, but that is ok. I actually think that once she is 6 months old, I might need to extend the body length. There's still a bit of the Shibui Sock skein left, I might get another inch out of it.


CO: March 16th, 2011
BO: March 19th, 2011

Pattern: Sock yarn sweater

Yarn: Almost 2 full skeins of Shibui Sock, 100% merino; colour spectrum, nr 51301. I loved knitting with this yarn, so nicely spun and the colours are amazing. Yes, there is some pooling across the chest and on the sleeves, but I actually do not mind that at all - it makes this little sweater just the more cuter.

Needles: 3.5mm circulars and dpns for sleeves



Size:  6-12 months

Mods/notes: CO 80 sts, then p 1 row, k 1 row, on the next row increased to 98 sts. Knit the sleeves longer than what the pattern called for and decreased every few rows to 42 sts.

8 comments:

  1. I kind of like the pooling. Where it landed makes it almost look deliberate, and it's kind of a neat contrast to the fairly regular striping in the rest of the body. And I love those colours. Babies are such good canvases for things a grown-up could never pull off so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's very cute! and your baby looks cuter and cuter every time you post a photo of her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so cute! She's so adorable, and so big! Shibui Sock is such a great yarn, and her new sweater is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!! And she looks so happy and comfy in it, too. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is a fast knit! I love the striping on the body. Your daughter looks so cute in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is too cute! I love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely sweater! I really like the colours. Your baby's grown so much, it seems like only a little while ago I was reading about her birth. She looks lovely in that photo :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.