Friday, July 22, 2011

FO: EZ Baby February Cardi

CO: Feb 16th, 2011
BO: Feb 17th, 2011 (those baby items really fly off the needles)

Yarn used: Lang Merino 120 superwash, almost full 2 skeins
Needles: 3.5mm circulars and dpns (surprise!) for the sleeves
Size: tried to get a 0-3 months size, got more of a 3-6 months size



General notes: The pattern is more of a recipe, so if you are thinking of knitting it, browse through Ravelry's project pages and get some ideas on the fit. I CO 64 sts instead of 50 as I wanted the neckline to be wider and the button plackets to be 5 sts instead of 4 sts wide. Otherwise, I pretty much followed the pattern, the sleeves are 5" long from the armpit (it seemed to me in the FO shots that these were too short for most babies), total body length is a wee short of 8". Actually, I wanted the total length to be longer, but I had only 5 buttons and placed the buttonholes too close to each other, so had to stop earlier than I wanted to.



Fit: I tried the still unblocked cardi on my two-weeks-old baby to see how it fits and, as you can see, she was drowning in it. However, I got the idea that I should block the cardi to be somewhat longer which I did. All in all, I'm happy with the result and - thanks to the lace - we'll be able to use it for quite a while.


11 comments:

  1. Cute cardi and a very cute and well-behaved baby too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute little cardi!! and oh my goodness, she looks so cute in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really adorable, the cardigan and the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cardi, and what lovely cheeks your baby has. I like her mohawk too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your baby is adorable with her hair sticking up. OK, she's adorable all the time, but I love the hair. And the sweater looks great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cardi! Your daughter is so cute with her hair sticking up like that, it made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! Both the baby and the cardigan!

    I love the color and the buttons going all the way down... I might have to try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg, I love that cardi!! excellent color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, kokia didutė jau :) stilinga merginutė :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable and the last picture made me giggle..the hair!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.