Friday, May 20, 2011

FO: sweet bee; or wraplan take three

CO: Jan 24th, 2011
BO: Jan 28th, 2011
 

Yarn used: Austermann merino 160, 1 skein in light blue and Wolle Roedel Siena in yellow (9965)
Needles: 3.5mm circulars
Pattern: Wraplan
Size: 0 (newborn)



Mods: As in previous versions of wraplan that I knit, I made the body somewhat longer.
General notes: I really love this pattern, both the two previous versions got loads of wear and mommies were happy to have a cardi. I was told it was very easy to get it on and off. Austermann merino was a stash yarn and since I knew I had a skein left from previous baby projects, I got some Siena in yellow to make a cardi for my baby. Admittedly, back then I was convinced it'd be a boy, but still wanted to keep it as gender neutral as possible. Thus, the yellow. I got some buttons in a Kaufhof in Germany as I did not like any of my stash ones.



Fit: My baby girl is only two days old in these pictures. You can see that we've curled up the sleeves for these photo shots. However, she had the cardi on yesterday. And being three weeks old the sleeves fit her perfectly - no need of rolling up anymore! That is how fast the little ones grow. And the looseness of fit around the body is also already gone. It was a good decision to lengthen the body and the sleeves. I think she will still get another month's wear out of it before it gets too small. Another thing: it is good to choose colourful garments for the babies as they spit up so much. Variegated yarns work well, just as any type of stripes.


7 comments:

  1. Great colour combo! The buttons are super cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love that the sleeve cuffs are the opposite colour to the other ribbing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable! LOVE the yellow heart buttons! such a little sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanne, I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out, but now that you have, I love that too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really cute cardi. The color combo is also fantastic. Siga, when you get a chance email me your address, you won the give-away.
    And she's an adorable baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I see Liepa I fall more in love with her. This looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cuuuute!!! It's amazing how fast babies grow, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.