Tuesday, May 10, 2011

FO: Love swaddle



CO & BO: March 23rd, 2011

Pattern: Laurel Love Cocoon (Rav link here)


Yarn: Debbie Bliss Como (90% merino, 10% cashmere), Colour 19010, used 2 full skeins to the very last bit. This is a great yarn, it's a bit pricey and I would not buy it regularly, but, hey, Webs had it on sale, so I grabbed these two skeins for exactly this project. People have knit Wenlan Chia's designs with this yarn. It is definitely a nicer choice than let's say Cascade Magnum, but oh my one needs many skeins of this for a bigger project.
Needles: 10 mm circulars


Mods/ notes:
After about 5" I realized I would not have enough yarn to make the cocoon long enough, so I did the first decrease round after 5" (*k8, k2tog* across), the next decrease round after 10" of total length (*k7, k2tog* across). At 12" I started overall decreases, including a k row as I saw fit to make sure I use up all the yarn and get the cocoon as long as possible.
The Cocoon is a great and easy way to swaddle a baby. I've been able to use it a few times, but as it is getting warmer, this is also too hot for a baby. It'd make a nice gift for a winter baby, though.

10 comments:

  1. Vikšriukas :). Atrodo labai jaukiai

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just, like the *most* adorable pictures. Your baby is like a little flower bud in that swaddle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, goodness. This is just too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Europoj irgi pravers :)

    meile ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kokia puiki idėja!!!
    Aš savo vaikus taip skausmingai vysčiau į nuolat beišsivystančius vystyklus, o čia taip gražu, jauku ir šilta:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ir lėlytė, ir kokoniukas nuostabūs :) pavydas ima.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Joanna. This reminds me of those Anne Geddes pictures. What a great project!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.