Monday, April 11, 2011

FO: Tosh Vintage Circle Shrug



CO: March 7th, 2011
BO: April 3rd, 2011 (there were 2 weeks in between that I did not work on this at all, however)



Pattern: Textured Circle Shrug by Stefanie Japel, KAL entries from Lion Brand were very helpful at different stages of knitting this up.
Needles: 4.5 mm (US 7) for the body and sleeves, 3.5 mm (US 4) for the neck trim and 5 mm (US 8) for the bind off.
Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Vintage, 100% merino, worsted weight, superwash, about 5.6 skeins in lepidoptra colourway. I used just a bit over 1 skein for the back section, then 1 skein per each sleeve and somewhat over 2 skeins for the neck trim. If knitting the sleeves shorter and maybe tighter, one might get away with 4 skeins in total.



Mods: 
- Cast on 50 sts, 10 for each sleeve and 30 for the back.
- Separated to be worked on the back when there were 62 sts for each sleeve and 82 sts for the back. Reduced the back sts to 26. Reduced sleeve sts to 46 sts.
- Added some short rows to make the back portion somewhat longer.



Fit/ thoughts:
This is a very genius pattern. The ribbing section for the neck trim lies down very nicely and hugs one's figure around the waist. The seed stitch pattern then opens up the tight fabric and gives it a nice finishing touch. I'm tempted to knit another one, maybe in some lighter yarn, but I don't think I'd go for the textured stripe pattern on the back and sleeves portion again.
I am looking for a nice brooch for closure as once the baby is out, I'd like to be able to wear it closed as well. All in all, this is a success knit. And it's been awhile that I knit something for myself and actually wore it afterwards. It's a nice feeling that I had almost forgotten.

12 comments:

  1. That shrug is so pretty!! I love the colour, and what a great knit you can wear both during and after your pregnancy. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color is gorgeous, and the shrug looks so lovely on you! Your baby bump is too cute for words!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby bump, blossom and beautiful knitting - thank you for brightening my afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shrug is the perfect accessory to that baby bump. It is a lovely color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! the yarn looks heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous colour - and just the right shape for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your circle shrug looks great. I like those interesting sleeves. The photo of you in it standing in front of the tree is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shrug! Your version has made me add it to my queue.

    Your bump looks wonderful too. Wishing you well for the last little bit of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kaip viskas gražiai žalia, žiedais apsipylę... Puikus fonas nuostabiai mamytei ir jos naujam pavasariškam megztukui. Viskas tobulai suderinta.

    ReplyDelete
  10. look at you!! i love this shrug! and your bump! :-) gorgeous color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the shrug - it looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your shrug is so beautiful! I just love the last photo, the contrast between colors. And what a lovely Bump! All the best!

    ReplyDelete