Friday, April 15, 2011

disappointing

Yesterday was spent very well planned in a wine county here in Northern California. I had chosen a few nice wineries where my husband could do some wine tasting and in between the stops I had a yarn shop in mind that we could visit. It would have worked out perfectly, after the first wine tasting my husband was willing to give me all the time in the world to spend in the said yarn shop. And the reviews on knitmap were promising. However, the shop was a total disappointment. The selection was not great. I am all for local yarn shops, that is why I will not name the place as they do have some nice yarns and were very friendly. However, on my next visit to the valley, I'll be sure to check out some other shops. Thus, I have no yarn pictures to share, but will leave you with an image of Sequoia sempervirens.


4 comments:

  1. That would be disappointing, but the scenery looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about the yarn shop.

    We did a yarn shopping day two weeks ago and one of the shops we were really excited about was a bit disappointing and another that we didn't have too high of hopes for was amazing.

    Hopefully, you and your husband had a nice day together otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one amazing photo!
    Thanks for commenting on my blog by the way! You should definitely give the cowl a go, it's so lovely to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too bad, but you're getting to enjoy the redwoods, which is not a bad consolation. I hope the next LYS you visit makes up for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.