Monday, February 7, 2011

shop nr 2

Onto the next yarn shop in Zurich. I chose Vilfil for today. They've got a website, which is a definite plus.

Another plus: their opening times.
 
 
Now onto the yarns. The selection is definitely much greater than in HandArt. This shop carries Noro, Regia, Opal, Louisa Harding, Debbie Bliss, Shulana and many other labels.

I'm glad that I did not visit HandArt and this shop on the same day. Remember how I was fascinated by the impeccable organization at HandArt? Well, this shop is a bit of a shocker in that department. Here's their sock yarn corner:


That white sheet of paper is actually a sort of a 'map' of where which yarn is. That does not help to find the needed colourways, unfortunately.

To sum up, I will be going back once I need some sock yarn as their selection is definitely better than HandArt's. It won't be my new LYS, though.

5 comments:

  1. I went to a yarn shop in Brussels that was incredibly well stocked, but was litterally smaller than my parents' bathroom. You had to step over boxes of yarn on the floor to get to certain parts of the shop...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little shop! I love looking for yarn stores when I travel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes prefer a disorganized shop; it makes me feel like I"m on a treasure hunt! Keep looking, and I'm sure you'll find your new LYS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, it looks like such a neat place to discover a new skein of yarn!! love seeing LYS in other places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmmm I kind of like the chaos of it, but really only if I didn't have a particular thing in mind that I desperately needed to find.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.