Thursday, February 17, 2011

FO: Black n White wristwarmers

CO: December 22nd, 2010
BO: February 16th, 2011; I finished these before going to the airport yesterday and mailed them off to my MIL.

Needles: 1.25mm (US 4/0)
Yarn: Karen Noe Design Shetlands Uld. I forgot to weigh the rest, so I cannot give an accurate amount of yarn used. There is enough for another pair, though. Or maybe for some mittens? In general, this was a very nice yarn to work with. It breaks off quite easily, so it is not the perfect choice for a beaded project. It happened to me only once that the yarn broke off, after that I learned my lesson and was really careful when moving all those beads.

Pattern: It is again a pattern out of this Lithuanian book. Compared to my last wristwarmers, this was easy to memorize.
General notes: I have no clue why it took so long for me to finish these. Oh, I blame it on the beads. My sister got me some real beads for my future projects and I already threaded some. It is such a difference to these ones, I tell you. But, these ones were the only white ones that I had and my MIL wanted a black & white combo for her new wristwarmer pair.

7 comments:

  1. Those are really pretty. They'll look great peeking out from under a sweater or coat. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clean graphic lines on those are sooo great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are lovely! Love the simple black with beads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm, klasika - juoda ir balta... puiki dovana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so gorgeous!! i still have not tried beading on knits- these are so inpsiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are gorgeous!! I haven't been brave enough to try beaded knitting yet. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.