Tuesday, January 11, 2011

progress on mystery socks


Yellow was not working well enough as a CC with my first try at Jan11 Mock socks. Now I'm using two distinct colours that I chose because of the crosses in the pattern. I kept thinking of the Swiss flag and that red and white would work far better for this pattern. Lucky me, both colours were in my stash, so I got could rip the other pair back and start afresh.

Knit-along that involves a mystery pattern is a bit like doing home-work. Somehow I want to have clue  Nr. 2 finished before the next clue gets published this Saturday. Also, it is a big question as to where the design is going next.

Mosaic knitting is a very easy colourwork technique and I'm glad I got to try this out. It looks far more complicated than it is. Check out other great mosaic patterns.

7 comments:

  1. Yes, love this combo better. They are coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you working those 2 at the same time on a circular needle?? I'm impressed!
    And I've never heard of Mosaic knitting! How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, they look awesome!! love the colour work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I've never done a mystery KAL, but it sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, they look super impressive so far...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good so far! they will be beautiful :)


    Lisa
    www.needlesandwool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're looking supremely tidy, my colourwork tends to be very bumpy as I struggle with tension. A mystery pattern sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.