Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, old FO


Right after Xmas I had an urge to knit a huge warm cowl. I had 2 skeins of Cascade Eco for which I never found quite the right project (or the energy to knit something as impressive as Jared Flood's Hemlock Ring blanket).
 
I did not use any pattern for it, inspiration were the following patterns, though: GAP-tastic cowl, Marian and Slouchy Snood. I used a moebius cast-on for this as I wanted a twist in it. Otherwise, I just knit on until I finished one skein of Cascade Eco. It is really warm and I can wrap it  around my neck three times. Just perfect for cold and windy winter days...

Happy New Year to all! I've had fun reading your resolution posts the last few days. I've been thinking if I should join and post one as well, however, these so totally do not work for me. It is almost as if I am meant to fail all of them as soon as I spell it out...

I just wish all of us many successful knits in the upcoming year.

Happy knitting,

Siga

8 comments:

  1. That is so cool, I really like it! And the yarn looks really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that looks SUPER cosy. I like it, I like it a lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous cowl!! I'm really loving the oversized cowl trend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is such a beautiful scarf! Love the thick coziness of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cowl looks so lovely and warm!... and now I can confirm, not only is the bread recipe simple, it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love! That is the kinda of scarf that makes you love winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its looks great! I totally agree with resolution posts, its just proof that I have failed in my ambitions...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.