Friday, January 7, 2011

my first official knit-along

I love knitted socks, love wearing them and have a bunch of people who would love to receive some. A nice way to learn a new technique is to join a knit-along. And SockKnittersAnonymous group on Ravelry is a perfect place to do exactly that. Anyways, I joined the January mystery sock knit-along and so far only one clue has been posted and I finished that part on my first sock. I haven't done any mosaic knitting before, so am not quite sure yet what contrasting colour to choose. Should I just take a shade of blue and be on the safe side or would that blend too much in with the rest of the pattern? Or should I go for something bolder like purple or red? Any ideas/ suggestions would be most welcome.

4 comments:

  1. Raštas matysis gerai tik su dideliu kontrastu

    ReplyDelete
  2. A knit-along is so fun. I have only done one once and I really enjoyed it.

    I think you could do another shade of blue and that would look real nice. But you do want it to be different enough that it does stand out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.