Thursday, January 20, 2011

FO: Happy mitts

The mittens are finished! They are still unblocked, but I couldn't wait to post about them. As it is somewhat warm round here, I'll have enough time to get them ready for the next cold days.


I did not follow any specific pattern for this one, just used some traditional motifs out of a Lithuanian booklet for mitten knitting. I learned how to do a Latvian braid here. This is a very easy and straightforward tutorial. Thumb construction was done according to this tutorial.


All other details are on my Rav project page here. I am very happy about how these turned out and am off to start a new pair.

14 comments:

  1. I love them! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kate! I did want them to be as colourful as possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! the colors are so great together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so beautiful! I still haven't tried mittens, but I'm trying to get through my first colorwork project before I attempt them. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nepaprastai gražios pirštinės!
    Labai smalsu, kokia bus kita pora:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look lovely! :) Nice and toasty warm for cold days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super colourful, very nice!

    And even unblocked, they're really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are gorgeous!! look at all that intricate colourwork. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww, they're lovely! I can see why they make you happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! They look very warm, and I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY! They are beautiful. Amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linksmos spalvos! Ir ta "pinta" apačia labai graži, einu nagrinėtis pamokėlės, ačiū :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.