Saturday, December 4, 2010

Xmas bakery

I started the preparation for the festive season. First off, I baked a marzipan stollen. That's the first time that I've made one (well, to be honest, I started straight with two), so I was surprised at how easy it was. It was not that hard at all. I guess I was expecting something along the lines of Kissinger Brötchen which is my husband's favourite type of Xmas cookies and take a whole day to make (or so it feels).

With stollen, the preparation is important. The dried fruit is supposed to be soaked, the dough has to rest, but once it's in the oven, it's easy-peasy. 


It needs to be coated with all the good stuff, then packed up and left to rest for at least 2 weeks. Since I have two, I plan on opening the first one in 2 weeks to see if I need to try another recipe to have a tasty stollen ready for Xmas.


Though this one looks yummy as it is...

3 comments:

  1. Atrodo labai skaniai.. einu pasiciekavint recepto :). Aš irgi pradėjau pasiruošimą - iškepiau minkštą meduolį, sudėjau į metalines dėžutes - dabar jis turi "pailsėti" (taip pasakė mano mažiausioji) bent porą savaičių, tada bus dar skanesnis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Stollen. The stuff you can buy here in the UK is often too cakey and squishey. Not bread-like enough.

    Maybe next year I'll make my own... If yours works out maybe you could share your recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love marzipan stollen, my mom always bakes 5 for Christmas (along with all the traditional cookies), one for each child plus one for her and my Dad, so I never made one myself! Happy baking:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.