Friday, December 3, 2010

minimalist version

I've wanted to knit a pair of Lithuanian hand warmers since last winter when I saw so many amazing versions being knit up in Vilnius knitting group. I finally got the Riesines book and some beads this summer only to realize that the beads were too small to get on Drops Alpaca. So instead I'm using some old beads and do not have enough for any fancy pattern, just a simple line across one edge. I got to tell you, now I understand this wrist warmer addiction that's been going across Lithuania. And, I need some proper beads for my next project(s).

7 comments:

  1. Santa Claus is duly making notes... ;)
    (as long as the 'Snow-White' is not the one who has to put them together on the piece of string...argh! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ar tik neveret ant dvigubo ALpacos siulo? Reikia plonyti siuliuka, iverta i biserio adata, tekstiles klijais priklijuoti prie mezgamo siulo, tada Alpacos siulas yra viengubas, ne dvigubas kaip kad butu ji pati veriant i adata ir lenda net labai mazi karoliukai. Jei neaisku, parasykit i e.pasta, pabandysiu labiau paaiskinti, gal nufotografuosiu, kaip atrodo

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Pamirsau pasidziaugti, kad vel eteryje, labai pasiilgau...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love knit wristwarmer!
    I also recommented the book "beadsknitting"http://presse.shop-pro.jp/?pid=24677724 it was written Japanese, but you could see picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Yuka. I think I've already seen that Japanese knitting book. And yes, one does not need to know the language when knitting wrist warmers - mere schematics are enough. I'm going to check out if I can get this book somewhere online.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. Lovely pulsewarmers. I desperately want to buy this book. Do you have any idea how to get a copy of it! Thanks.

    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Kathleen: You can buy this book via the Lithuanian site http://www.patogupirkti.lt/basket/basket.asp?action=show&context=L2Jvb2svYm9vay5hc3A/aXNibj05Nzg5OTU1ODE1NjMx . As far as I can tell, they ship to nearly everywhere in the world. If you need any help whilst ordering, email me directly please at juicyknits AT gmail DOT com.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.