This was the status after a long train ride last week. This morning, however, I realized that I won't be able to finish the hat the way I pictured it, so the bit that you see in the picture above was frogged and restarted. The pattern is a combination of Noro hat and Wurm (both Ravelry links). I'm using Noro Silk Garden for the first time. Love the feel of it.
In other news, I did some baking this weekend as well. Here's the proof:
I have an old recipe from my husband's grandma for these Zimtsterne. I forget each year that this is quite a sticky business to have them done. But they are soooo yummy, I tell you. No wonder, it uses quite a big chunk of marzipan. There's a second tin full of them and some of the dough I had to freeze in. That'll be baked next weekend.
And these ones are coconut macaroons that are ideal to use up all that egg white left over from baking stollen. These ones were done quite a while ago and one tin is already gone. Good that I'm the only one aware of the existence of the second one.