Thursday, September 23, 2010

that wasn't as hard as I thought


Pardon the fuzziness... So, I did a lot of reading (thanks, Julie, for help!) and now I have an idea of what happens when smocking. I found these two pieces of great help: the first one is an example of fabric smocking and it helped me to visualize how smocking should look like; the second one is an example of knit smocking. It is really way easier than I thought. Also, it goes really fast. I should add, it is addictive. FO pictures to come soon.

3 comments:

  1. Really nice... It is going to look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Siga, thanks for letting me know about google reader. I will check it out.
    By the way, it's such a coincidence but I did smocking on one of my knits too. But it was so long ago, I cannot remember how I did it :) I didn't write down my process clearly even though I talked about it here http://opportunityknits.blogspot.com/2006/04/my-finishing-weekend.html
    Can't wait to see your FO pics!
    This is how my sweater looked like : http://opportunityknits.blogspot.com/2006/04/vintagey-smocked-waist-sweater.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.