Tuesday, September 21, 2010

soon


My mohair top is almost done. It's been a looooong process. Once the pattern came out, I got the book and did some serious thinking if I should knit this or not. Then I got the yarn sometime in the spring (no, I was still in Lithuania, so it must have been this past winter). Then I stared at the yarn and the pattern thinking what to do. I finally started knitting this top during soccer world cup as Germany was playing Argentina, then I put it away for a long time as it was way too hot round here for even touching mohair. I picked it up again  a couple of months later during basketball world cup (I don't watch that much sports, only the world  and European cups). Anyways, now all the knitting is done and all I have to do is smock the middle bit. Do you know of any tutorials how to do smocking? So far I haven't found anything helpful.

5 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I've never smocked anything, and I'm not sure about smocking something knit versus something sewn. It's gorgeous now, though, so I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about smocking, but the dress looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, this is already stunning! Are you looking to do smocking, like you would for fabric? or are you going to knit smocking somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know anything about smocking either, but what an airy, delicate sweater! Very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWE! I would totally wear this! :D cute and great job, you inspire me to get better :)


    Lisa
    http://needlesandwool.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.