Sunday, September 5, 2010

FO: My coffee scarf


The finally finished Karius/ Baktus scarf in Shoppel Wolle Zauberball. This curls like crazy. After finishing it, I asked other Ravelers who also knit the Karius version of the scarf how to stop it from curling too much. The smarter ones did a ribbing along the edges, the others did not care or had used some thicker wool that blocks nicely. I tried it all, but only steam ironing seams to have helped somewhat.



All in all, it's a nice one. Eventhough I'm past the total obsession with it. I also do  not find it that nice or special to gift it to somebody anymore...


6 comments:

  1. That looks really nice, lovely colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have it, thanks! ;-)

    looks lovely, don't know what you're on about..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I think that curling would drive me mad! Looks nice and soft though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can makes scones! They are super easy. There are lots of online recipes but this is how I make mine:

    http://mooncalfmakes.blogspot.com/2010/03/baked-goods.html

    I think the secret is to eat them almost as soon as they come out of the oven. With raspberry jam. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's kind of fun. I have a French friend who wears this insanely long scarf that curls like crazy even though it's a store-bought scarf. She just wraps it around and around and around her neck so it looks like a cowl (like your first photo). It's really chic. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.