Wednesday, September 1, 2010

FO: Elefante Wraplan



Pattern: Offset Wraplan by Sara Morris.
Yarn: Wolle Roedel Siena, just like for the first Wraplan that I knit two years ago. Perfect Merino wool for a baby project.
Needles: 3.5mm (US4) circulars.
Notes: The pattern is very easy to knit, but crazily enough I did not learn from my first round experience. I guess I have to make better project notes either here or on Ravelry. If I ever knit it again, I'd like to try and do all in one piece, i.e. start with the neckline and knit the buttonbands at the same time as well. Important to remember is also the neckline - next to the decreasing line (if worked after stitches are picked up) the mistake rib should be ignored as the two raglan stitches should be kept in stockinette.
Also, I knit the 3-6 months size, but I know from experience that if you knit this longer than what the pattern calls for, the little one can wear it well beyond that. So that is one mod that I did.

Anyway, if you have not knit this cardi, this probably makes no sense to you, so I'll stop here.

9 comments:

  1. That is so cute, and those buttons are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little cardigan, with interesting and new colourcombination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The buttons really finish off this lovely cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dailus megztinis, ir dar su tokiom linksmom sagutėm :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. And thanks for sharing your notes on the pattern, I have been wanting to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is super cute and I love the little buttons! What a great design for a little baby! Do you know yet for which little baby it is?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, all! I prefer answering directly by mail, but as that is not working, I am posting here.
    I got the buttons from a chain department store in Germany. They are usually cheaper there than in any knitting stores. And sometimes I get lucky and get some nice ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Siga, thank you for saying hello on my blog. Your little Elefante is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.