Saturday, September 25, 2010

FO: Bubble


My mohair top/ tunic/ dress is done. Actually, I'm very pleased with the result. However, now that the warm season is over and it looks as if we'll have nothing but rain for the upcoming weeks, I am not sure if it will get much wear soon.

Details:
- Knit on 5.5 mm (US 9) circulars.
- Used 2.6 balls of Garnstudio DROPS Kid-Silk (75% mohair, 25% silk).
- Pattern Bubble Bath Baby Doll by Kate Sonnick (you can find her blog here).
- My Ravelry project page is here.


Mods:
- I knit the top in the round, buttom up. Also, I smocked both on front and back and did the section wider than what the pattern called for.
- My ruffled sleeves are wider (almost all the way through the arm opening).


This is one detail that I'm not sure of yet. Should I leave the ruffles as is or should I get rid of them? The top part look kind of empty before I added the ruffles and I wish I would have taken a picture then to show as a comparison. I guess I'll wait and see if it grows on me or if I change it somehow.

Thanks again all for the help with the smocking bit. I loved the process and now I love the effect. I see some more smocking coming up in the future.

21 comments:

  1. Labai grazu! Man ypac patinka spalva.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aciu, Anna. Raudona mano spalva. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems perfect for autumn - with a black turtleneck underneath, or something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that came out really cute!!! I love how the smocking turned out. Beautiful! The ruffles definitely add interest to the top part and I think you are right that it would look too plain without them. I wonder if you could make them slightly smaller ruffles so they lay a little smoother? Either way, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! Really great fashion knit. And I love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project! And goes really well with those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so cute! I don't think I could pull this off, but it looks fantastic on you. I'm glad you were able to figure out the smocking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. linksma suknelė/tunika - tiks ir šaltesniam orui, su kokia palaidinuke ilgom rankovėm - o ir rudenį gi būna gražių šiltų dienų :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty. The smocking makes it special.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's very nice. Congratulation :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww its lovely. I think I'd probably leave off the shoulder ruffles (mostly because i have fat arms) and add a neck ruffle or something, but the colour and smocking is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, siga! yours is the first FO i've seen of my bubble bath design. i am so excited to see this! you did a BEAUTIFUL job and i absolutely love your pattern modifications. AND you look adorable in it! xoxokate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colour, very striking. I would prefer ruffles around the neck, but it looks good the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ne tik palaidinė graži, o spalva skani.Super nuotraukos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh looks great in that colour - I think it has something Spanish and flamenco-like about it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty!! the smocking turned out great, awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. it came out great! even better than the original! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! The red is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, super įdomu ir spalva tokia sodri sodri. Rudeniška.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this tunic! it's the perfect color for you! I think that for Autumn will be great with a long sleeves under, leggings and a pretty pair of boots.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.