Friday, August 13, 2010

to my friend


You are on the flight to your new home this minute. I'm used to partings and probably that's why I am surprised to see that I am not taking this one well. We met about two years ago through our passion for knitting (thanks to Ravelry for that!) and have become friends beyond knitting. You're my yarn expert, pattern advisor and and and.


Hell, who wouldn't want a knit buddy whom even Anne Hanson knows? ;-) I've enjoyed our trips, knit get-togethers, coffee/beer addiction enhacements, barbecues (thanks to the meat guy) and puns (again the meat guy helped with this).

I guess Anne Hanson just needs to learn that you are not Christine from Heidelberg anymore.

Pattern: Spiral Cowl (free Ravelry pattern)
Yarn: 100% cashmere from Great Northern Yarns, DK weight
Needle: 3.5mm (US 4)
Notes: I had another lacy scarf in mind for you, but DK yarn did not work well for that. It really looks best in stockinette with just a bit of swirl. It still needs some blocking, which I left to the expert. :) Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Aš iš pat pradžių maniau, kad šių siūlų spalva tobula, bet kojinėms jie... per tobuli. Super mezginys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks. Off to get more tissues...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Na, Ihr hattet wohl viel Spaß! Bin schon gespannt auf Detailfotos von Deinem Schal, das Garn ist ja sehr edel... Wünsch Dir noch eine schöne Woche. Liebe Grüße Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Annette: Vielen Dank! Leider werden es keine Detailbilder geben. Ich habe es einfach nicht geschafft.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.