Wednesday, August 4, 2010

socks and other knits

Yesterday I wound up a perfect skein of yarn (100% cashmere!) in a perfect colourway...


... and started a new project right away.


It's still a secret as I am trying things out. Initially I wanted to start something lacy, but it didn't look as good as I pictured it in DK, so I ripped back and started new.

I also have some socks on the needles.


This is Rick by Cookie A. Normally I prefer the toe-up method, but the Sock Innovation book has such amazing patterns that I just keep on knitting. This is already my 5th pair of socks out of that book and I'm sure there'll be more.

5 comments:

  1. I love both yarns, but the red one is really rich.. So what are ou knitting? A shawl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, cashmere!! what a gorgeous shade of red, too. that sock pattern looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those yarns are so beautiful! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my, that red is so fab! cashmere! sighing with envy here :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.