Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Rodeln in Churwalden; or no knitting material


Mostly all my travels and other non-knitting things go by unmentioned in this bloggy. But when I do something that fun, I want to let everybody know. So, if you get a chance to go rodeln, do that.


We chose the longest Swiss track in Churwalden. The wait was long, but it was worth it.


The track is over 3km long and it takes around 10minutes to get down; or so the site says, I thought it was way faster. But then, I was not using the brakes that much. :)





You can watch a video of the ride here.


This is definitely to be repeated this summer. Maybe we will take that hiking trail uphill (takes about 2 hours) to even more appreciate the ride down.


Then we stopped at the longest wooden bridge in Switzerland. It's not worth a trip down there just for the sake of the bridge. But if you are looking for some nice cycling tracks or taking a boat trip on the Zurich lake, then it's definitely a place to stop.

3 comments:

  1. Stunning! That's a great way to spend the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm I just got back from holiday, but this makes me think I might already need another one...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.