Saturday, August 21, 2010

elephants


Inspired by the elephant buttons that I'm going to use for the wraplan*, I decided to knit a little toy, knowing as the baby is taking hers/his time. When browsing Ravelry for the right pattern, I wanted the pattern to be available online (either as a free pattern or as a purchasable download). Afterall, I want to start straight away. Above are the elephants that have been knit most often. Most favourite ones are also more or less the same ones. I admit, Elefante is super cute, but so is Flo the Elphant (he's just been released on Knitty). Elijah has also been on my fave list for ever. Wow, this is more difficult than I thought. What's your favourite toy pattern?

* By the way, putting the wraplan into the dryer worked. I now only have the problem that the button placket, which is knit in stockinette straight, is curling like crazy. I guess I'll rip that bit back and do either a k1p1 rib or a mistake rib that is used for the rest of the cardi.

13 comments:

  1. I think all three you have choosen, are very sweet. So perhaps you make more than one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love elephants! I'm glad to hear the dryer worked well. I was a bit scared ;-) Knitting the button bands again seems like a nice compromise ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... and if I had to pick one elephant, it would be Elijah. It is so adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently saw an Elijah, and he really is adorable in person. Those buttons just take the cake, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished Elijah and have to say I love him! And the pattern is really well written... So it would be Elijah for me. I'm definitelly going to knit another one pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elijah! But I would probably make the inner part of the ears with fabric, I think it would look ever cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elephante and Elijah are my picks! On the front of other toys though, have you seen Socktopus? I love it! You can find it here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/socktopus

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote elepfant! Elephante? whatever. such a cute idea, to knit a toy to match the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A friend of mine made Elijah recently, and he is both adorable, and that friend his pattern is so well written that he was a joy to knit. So there's that, for whatever that's worth.

    Elefante is also super cute, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elijah is my favourite as it is such a lovely result. My friends baby loved the one I made!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that is a tough choice! I think I like Elijah the best, but Little Elephant is really cute too. Elefante is the only one I have seen in person, and it is really cute too! I don't know how you'll decide.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.