Monday, July 12, 2010

FO: Gray Stripes Cardi


Another project that was started ages ago... 
This past winter was really cold in Lithuania and as I started this cardi as during those cold winter evenings, trying to get my fireplace started. However, then we moved and this project stayed in Lithuania along with most of my stash. All I had left to do were the sleeves (again!, this seems to be an issue with my latest knits).



Drops Karisma is a great yarn and I have a feeling it will be really wearable. It shed a bit whilst washing and grew somewhat in length, which I actually kind of like. The thing with cardis these days is that they seem to never be long enough.


This was totally inspired by this cardi, but I did not use the pattern as I was knitting top-down. I took over the idea of one-row stripes that look so amazing.


Oh, and thank you to my sister for modeling all those cardis in the biggest Zurich heat ever. :)

12 comments:

  1. I am so impressed! And yeah, your sis really loves you to wear it during this heat wave--I'm dying here in HD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! I thought it looked a little like the treeline cardigan, then I clicked on your link and I was right. I like your version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It is so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I like the length and colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!! it's soooo gorgeous. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is again something very nice and is really brave of your sister to wear a wool-cardigan during these days, even it is only for some minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's just perfect! Your sister is a good sport, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this version! The styling is great, esp with the gray stripe-like window blinds in the background. Your sister is an angel btw!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This cardi is so beautiful with these stripes and pockets!!! I love it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww thanks girls

    did not break a sweat! ;-)

    -sister-

    Sese, skambinsiu ryt - gal gali, prasau, at'e-mail'inti savo sokoldainio pyrago recepta? (kur Druskininkuos kepem)

    aciu xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh god, I'm so jealous. that's my dream cardi! you had be at grey and then you added stripes. sigh.

    ReplyDelete