Monday, June 28, 2010

back with an FO

I've been away again for a bit, sort of a family reunion (yet another wedding). It was actually nice seeing everybody. And even though the weather did not mean it that well this time, we enjoyed ourselves.



This is a shawl I was knitting whilst travelling New England. Initially I bought the yarn (Spud & Chloe Fine in Calypso colourway) 'coz I thought of knitting some socks. However, I read on Ravelry that it doesn't wear that well and, hell, it's got 20% silk in it! So, it had to be a shawl. I did not follow any pattern this time, used 4mm (US 6) circulars and was inspired by the cloudless skies. I think I could have done another few repeats of the edging pattern to make it just a bit more prominent. Though, all in all I'm glad with the result.

8 comments:

  1. A lovely colour and I cannot believe you did not follow a pattern... Way out of my league!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Labai smagi "improvizacija" gavosi, o dar spalva toookia gaivi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute outfit! the shawl turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous shawl!! it looks amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a pretty shawl! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shawl, Siga!!! This color suits you so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice shawl and super colour.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.