Friday, April 30, 2010

Geneva and something big on the needles

I spent the sunny part of the week in Geneva. It did not strike me as a must-see city, but it surely is very beautiful. Quite a bunch of international organisations are based there, eg. the European headquarters of the UN.

I had a walk around the city which is quite lively and has many nice cafes. Also, it is quite common to sit/lie down in the numerous city parks (which I also did). A note to myself: in the French part of Switzerland, if you order a coffee you get an espresso, just like in Paris. :) There is definitely a French feel to everything. Swiss consider German to be rude, but, oh my, there's nothing like the French to me.

I tried to check out two knit shops, unfortunately both were closed during the opening hours with no sign as to why or when. I then went to Manor department store and quite liked their button section. Need to check it out in Zurich as well.
On the knitting news: I finished Kai Mei socks (love them!) and am working on a bigger (gasp!) project right now. It's been a while since I finished something big, so here's some hoping the curse is over and this one does not get jinxed.


5 comments:

  1. Oh I know that sweater! I've had my eye on that sweater in Interweave since that mag came out. Can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is wonderfully inspiring, thanks for your comment!

    Agneta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is great. You have made so many beautiful things! I'm excited to see what this big project is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos, makes Geneva seem quite intriguing. Fingers crossed for the big knit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for stopping by on my blog, I can't believe I've never come across you before! Adding to my rss feed immediately : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.