Sunday, April 25, 2010

FO: Warmth

Details
Needles: 3.5 and 4.00mm (US4 and 6) circulars
Yarn: Aade Long Artistic 8/2 and Drops Alpaca.
Pattern: Malagash Square Shawl by Mimi Fautley.

This took me ages to knit. The garter stitch bit was ok and went quite fast, although the rows got longer and loooonger towards the end. And on top of it, there came a lace boarder - I felt like on a knitter's suicide mission. This was supposed to keep me warm on winter evenings. And this winter was COLD. Well, in a way this shawl did do that - it was sort of a blanket as I was working on it.
I got to say, I love it. Although Aade Long Artistic 8/2 is on the heavy side. If I ever go onto a north pole expedition, I will for sure put this one on. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to knit a lighter version to actually fit under a coat. This beauty will most likely be a blanket (it is big enough!). I'll let you know what became of it next winter.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.